Annie's is a one-of-a-kind, 2.5 acre retail, wholesale and mail order nursery. We specialize in rare and unusual annual & perennial plants, including cottage garden heirlooms & hard to find California native wildflowers. An industry leader, "Annie's" has been featured on HGTV, numerous national and international gardening magazines and was chosen a Martha Stewart "American Made" winner for 2015.
We have an opportunity for a creative, organized and forward looking individual with a minimum of two years retail nursery manager experience. We are looking for someone with proven managerial skills, customer service prowess, and creative aptitude that will enhance our unique brand and shopping experience.
- Manage, train and supervise a seasonal and permanent staff. Create employee schedule.
- Ensure that every customer is greeted in a friendly manner and assisted with all questions.
- Manage daily operation of retail nursery including opening and closing procedures.
- Monitor daily cash handling and deposits.
- Supervise maintenance of demo gardens and retail displays to ensure exciting, highest quality retail experience.
- Monitor sample pot maintenance.
- Monitor and purchase dry goods including fertilizers, soil, compost, garden tools, and office supplies as necessary etc.
- Purchase seasonal and non-seasonal fruit trees for nursery stock.
- Communicate in writing, data results of all marketing efforts and promotional materials to marketing team in a timely manner.
- Assist marketing team with scouting new and cutting edge garden speakers.
- Meet with staff regularly to discuss safety, nursery procedures, sales goals, as well as training on plants and gardening. Attend bi-weekly Annie’s Annuals staff meetings to discuss nursery wide issues and to report on the retail department.
- Responsible for writing a monthly manager’s report.
- Responsible for organizing, staffing and setting up seasonal garden parties and bi-monthly speaker series.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least two years previous nursery management experience preferred.
- Must have experience with budget creation and management.
- Must be able to guide and motivate a staff– this includes setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Must have a patient and friendly can-do attitude and work well in a team environment.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift merchandise weighing 25 pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have excellent written and computer skills. Experience with Excel and Word. Inventory and POS knowledge/experience and social media skills-a plus.
- Horticulture or landscaping experience, or retail experience with a strong interest in horticulture.
- Bring a desire to learn about Annie’s plants.
- Must be creative and innovative.
- Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Salary & Benefits
This is a Full-Time position. Salary DOE. Most weekends are required. This position includes health and dental insurance, PTO, 401K, and generous product discounts.
Please email in-line resume to email@example.com. Please include salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Annie’s is seeking a personable and hard-working salesperson to add to our retail staff. We are interested in candidates with excellent communication skills who are highly service oriented and love to garden and learn! We strive to provide the highest standard of customer service to our gardening clientele.
Candidates should demonstrate a thirst for plant knowledge and will be expected to learn a great number of plant varieties as quickly as possible, as well as learn the plants in our demonstration gardens and mail order catalog. Candidates must be able to make proper recommendations to customers and answer questions efficiently and personably, in person and by phone.
- Two years previous retail experience, nursery experience preferred.
- Physical fitness – ability to lift 50lbs and work out of doors – rain or shine.
- Experience with POS and cash register procedures, including opening and closing.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently in a busy outdoor environment.
- Must be available to work both weekend days (Saturday and Sunday), and be available for special events.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, complete assignments and stay focused through interruptions of work flow.
- All applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Must be punctual.
- Knowledge of Annie’s plants is a plus.
Nursery work is strenuous and requires focus, dedication, and grace under fire. It is also fun and an opportunity to learn more about gardening and the fascinating array of plants we grow!
Full time position available. Compensation DOE. Please email in-line resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements. No phone calls, please.