Annie's is seeking passionate, knowledgeable, and industrious salespeople to add to our retail staff. We are interested in candidates who are personable, have excellent communication skills, are highly service oriented and love to garden and learn! We strive to provide the highest standard of customer service to our adept gardening clientele.
Candidates should demonstrate a thirst for plant knowledge and will be expected to learn a great number of plant varieties as quickly as possible, as well as learn all of the plants in our demonstration gardens and mail order catalog. Must be able to make proper recommendations to customers and answer questions efficiently and personably in person and by phone.
- Two years previous retail experience, nursery experience preferred.
- Physical fitness – ability to lift 50 lbs. and work out of doors – rain or shine.
- Experience in cash register procedures including opening and closing.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently in a very busy outdoor environment.
- Must be available to work both weekend days (Saturday and Sunday), and be available for special events.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and stay focused through interruptions of work flow.
- Knowledge of our diverse selection of rare and unusual plants a plus!
- All applicants must have reliable transportation.
Nursery work is strenuous and requires focus, dedication and grace under fire. It’s also fun and an opportunity to learn more about gardening and the fascinating array of plants we grow!
P/T Seasonal position available. Starting salary $15 hour, compensation DOE. We give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Please email in-line resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened. No phone calls, please.
Annie’s Annuals & Perennials - a fun, friendly, and fast-paced 2.5 acre nursery in Richmond is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable person responsible for wholesale customer accounts, sales and relationships. A successful candidate will have sales and horticulture experience and be willing to perform both inside and outside sales.
- Nurture and maintain positive and friendly relationships with current wholesale buyers and maintain customer database.
- Forge new buyer relationships according to sales plan.
- Cultivate a comprehensive knowledge of Annie’s plants and use this knowledge to guide wholesale buyers through successful purchasing and selling of Annie’s plants.
- Walk nursery weekly to assess plant health and availability of plants allocated to Wholesale department.
- Process orders, create availability documents, create and print shipping labels, print and laminate signs
- About 75% of time spent should be in office contacting nurseries by phone and 25% outside the office visiting both existing and new customers.
- Plan promotions, yearly sales, and marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate buyer trends and competition from other wholesale growers.
- Make recommendations to the production planning department.
- Create monthly report.
- Work with wholesale team and finance officer to plan yearly budget.
- Manage inventory of shipping supplies and order when needed.
- Reconcile customer accounts, oversee department orders and invoices, and file shipment claims.
- Keep track of shipments and communicate with shipping company regarding late or damaged orders
- Must have account management experience.
- Must have at least 1 year of nursery sales experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must have computer experience. Microsoft office and QuickBooks a plus.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
This is a full time position with benefits. Compensation DOE. Please email in-line resume to email@example.com
Attachments will not be opened. No phone calls, please.